Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011

My Current Setup

In case anyone is interested, this is my current setup that I'll be using as the base case for any benchmarks, support guides and my impressions of what works:

Intel Core i5-2400
ASRock H67M (B3)
8GB PC3-10667U CL9 RAM
OCZ Vertex3 60GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB


I suppose that with 3DTV Play support, NVIDIA would be a better choice than ATI for the graphics card, as NVIDIA seems to have an edge concerning stereoscopic 3D gaming on the PC at the moment, see here for instance.

A single GTX 580 seems the best value for money for this particular application - if I wasn't looking for stereoscopic gaming, a GTX 560 Ti would probably suffice, and it may very well turn out that excellent performance requires a dual GTX 580 SLI setup, but for now this is my starting point.

N.B.: Please don't turn the comments into a fight on NVIDIA vs ATI - I choose NVIDIA after looking around and seeing that the general perception clearly is that NVIDIA is the best choice at the moment; if it should turn out that I was wrong about this, I would probably consider selling the GTX 580 and going for an ATI Radeon HD 6970, for instance.

I'll be very curious to see the differences in experience and performance people get on their various systems, please do share them! The more we know about what works and what doesn't, the better for any prospective gamers stumbling across this blog and looking to get into this field.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The author makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. This blog is in no way affiliated with Sony Corporation or NVIDIA. All images are properties of their respective owners and are displayed for illustrative purposes only. No copyright infringement intended - please contact me if you wish for me to remove any images.